The Division to feature the largest, most accurate New York City ever created in a video game
Ubisoft studio Massive Entertainment has made some bold claims about the game world that they are creating for their ambitious new online title The Division.
In a new Q&A session the studio explained that their version of New York is the biggest and the most detailed version of the city ever seen in a video game.
They began, “We’re creating what we believe is going to be the largest and most detailed New York City ever seen in a video game and we want the player to feel like they are actually exploring the city with all its landmarks, street names and atmosphere.”
“We took a few creative liberties,” they went on, “but you’ll definitely feel you are at the heart of a chaotic New York City. In this massive open-world game, we want to give the player as much opportunity as possible to explore and live their own adventure. With the power of our engine, Snowdrop, we can take this very far.”
The Division is in development on PC, PS4 and Xbox One and Ubisoft have tentatively pencilled its release date in as late in 2014 but rumours from inside Massive Entertainment suggest it probably won't be finished this year.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey