Wolfenstein: The New Order to hit 1080p at 60fps on Xbox One
Wolfenstein: The New Order is to one of the first multiformat next-gen games that will offer parity of performance between the PS4 and Xbox One versions.
Until now most games that have released on both PS4 and Xbox One have seen the versions on the latter running at sub-1080p on order to offer an optimal performance.
Notable titles include Assassin's Creed IV which runs at 1080p on the PS4 but 900p on the Xbox One. Call Of Duty: Ghosts featured similar issues with the Xbox One version running at 720p while the PS4 hit 1080p with a post-launch patch and even hit issues because the frame-rate jumped over the 60fps mark. Even the upcoming Xbox One exclusive Titanfall will run at 900p.
Bethesda has confirmed that there will be parity between next-gen platforms stating, “The Xbox One version of Wolfenstein will run at 1080p/60 fps.” This is quite an achievement for the developer MachineGames given that the game is in development for the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 as well.
Wolfenstein: The New Order will be released on PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on May 20th in North America and May 23rd in Europe and the UK. You can check out what we thought of it when we played it in our preview.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015