Wolfenstein: The New Order to hit 1080p at 60fps on Xbox One
Wolfenstein: The New Order is to one of the first multiformat next-gen games that will offer parity of performance between the PS4 and Xbox One versions.
Until now most games that have released on both PS4 and Xbox One have seen the versions on the latter running at sub-1080p on order to offer an optimal performance.
Notable titles include Assassin's Creed IV which runs at 1080p on the PS4 but 900p on the Xbox One. Call Of Duty: Ghosts featured similar issues with the Xbox One version running at 720p while the PS4 hit 1080p with a post-launch patch and even hit issues because the frame-rate jumped over the 60fps mark. Even the upcoming Xbox One exclusive Titanfall will run at 900p.
Bethesda has confirmed that there will be parity between next-gen platforms stating, “The Xbox One version of Wolfenstein will run at 1080p/60 fps.” This is quite an achievement for the developer MachineGames given that the game is in development for the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 as well.
Wolfenstein: The New Order will be released on PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on May 20th in North America and May 23rd in Europe and the UK. You can check out what we thought of it when we played it in our preview.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto