Wolfenstein: The New Order to hit 1080p at 60fps on Xbox One
Wolfenstein: The New Order is to one of the first multiformat next-gen games that will offer parity of performance between the PS4 and Xbox One versions.
Until now most games that have released on both PS4 and Xbox One have seen the versions on the latter running at sub-1080p on order to offer an optimal performance.
Notable titles include Assassin's Creed IV which runs at 1080p on the PS4 but 900p on the Xbox One. Call Of Duty: Ghosts featured similar issues with the Xbox One version running at 720p while the PS4 hit 1080p with a post-launch patch and even hit issues because the frame-rate jumped over the 60fps mark. Even the upcoming Xbox One exclusive Titanfall will run at 900p.
Bethesda has confirmed that there will be parity between next-gen platforms stating, “The Xbox One version of Wolfenstein will run at 1080p/60 fps.” This is quite an achievement for the developer MachineGames given that the game is in development for the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 as well.
Wolfenstein: The New Order will be released on PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on May 20th in North America and May 23rd in Europe and the UK. You can check out what we thought of it when we played it in our preview.
- Valve announces the arrival of the Discovery Update for Steam
- BioShock Infinite: Complete Edition coming this November
- Final piece of Dark Souls II DLC is delayed, new screenshots released to soothe the pain
- Eden Hazard shows off some of his new skill moves from FIFA 15
- Assassin's Creed: Unity Season Pass comes with a 2.5D standalone adventure set in China
- Saints Row IV modders create a new weapon skin for the Alien SMG in honour of Steve Jaros' departure
- PlayStation TV gets a release date for Europe and the US
- Driveclub gets a white PS4 hardware bundle
- Sony offering up a free online multiplayer weekend on PS4 this weekend