Konami reveals iDroid second screen functions for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Konami has dropped some pretty crucial details on Metal Gear Solid V: Gorund Zeroes second screen functions and how it links up with The Phantom Pain in terms of bonus content.
Much of this revolves around the Mother Base features which will make their return from Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. It will be introduced in Ground Zeroes and will become crucial in The Phantom Pain. Firstly the second screen functionality revolves around the iDroid app for iOS and Android devices and via SmartGlass.
The iDroid app syncs up with gameplay and allows players to work bring up an in-game map, call down air strikes, play cassettes found in the game and manage their Mother Base. Mother Base management can be done independently of the game so players can organize their base on the bus home from work.
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes will also like up with the Phantom Pain providing those that have played this month's prologue with extra items for their Mother Base either via a download code included in the retail versions or simply by The Phantom Pain finding a downloaded copy of Ground Zeroes on the console.
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes is due out on PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on March 18th in North America and March 21st in Europe and the UK.
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users