New Halo 2 maps this month
New maps for Halo 2 will hit Live later this month, with wording reaching us that Bungie finally plan to release the new maps first announced alongside the Halo 3 beta test. An April 17th debut is planned, and you'll be able to download and enjoy the new content via either an Xbox or Xbox 360.
Two new levels are on the agenda, Tombstone and Desolation, and we learn today that both maps are improved and expanded versions of Halo 1 offerings Hang 'Em High and Derelict.
You'll be able to acquire both new games for a princely 4 USD, and in something of a shift said to allow more people to download the game, you'll be able to purchase them via the in-game downloader instead of the usual Marketplace-based sale used for other Premium Content.
"It was originally scheduled to be a 360-only [download], but it just wasn't going to work out," Bungie dev-man Frank O'Connor explained. "Number one, there are a lot of Xbox players out there who can't afford a 360, or are waiting for a birthday or holiday gift - so they wouldn't be able to play. Worse still, we'd have to split the matchmaking playlists differently and that wouldn't have been fair either. So in the interests of fairness and an easy life, it's on Xbox and Xbox 360."
More on these new maps as we get it.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light