Microsoft haggles over Xbox 2 components
According to a suggestion from Dundee Securities, graphics hardware firm ATI are well positioned to become the supplier of the graphics chip for the next generation of the Xbox.
Microsoft are however, keen to date both ATI and NVIDIA to encourage a little competition in the price stakes. ATI also provide the graphics chips for the Nintendo GameCube, whilst NVIDIA provided the advanced visuals enjoyed by the current Xbox.
Microsoft is also rumoured to be generating competition between Intel and AMD as to who will supply the CPU, once again, this can only benefit their bottom line further. More news on this kind of idle speculation and conjecture as we get it.
- Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian driven out of her home by internet abuse
- Shadow Realms lead writer talks the inspiration behind the game's story
- PlayStation Allstars and Joe Danger headline September's PS Plus Instant Game Collection
- Titanfall will ge more cool free stuff after the last DLC but Respawn won't support it indefinitely
- Gauntlet release date pushed back
- Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
- Escape Dead Island gets a release date, comes with guaranteed access to the Dead Island 2 beta
- Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls PC patch 2.1.0 arrives
- Next-gen and PC GTA V versions rumoured to be delayed into 2015