Microsoft haggles over Xbox 2 components
According to a suggestion from Dundee Securities, graphics hardware firm ATI are well positioned to become the supplier of the graphics chip for the next generation of the Xbox.
Microsoft are however, keen to date both ATI and NVIDIA to encourage a little competition in the price stakes. ATI also provide the graphics chips for the Nintendo GameCube, whilst NVIDIA provided the advanced visuals enjoyed by the current Xbox.
Microsoft is also rumoured to be generating competition between Intel and AMD as to who will supply the CPU, once again, this can only benefit their bottom line further. More news on this kind of idle speculation and conjecture as we get it.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch