Microsoft haggles over Xbox 2 components
According to a suggestion from Dundee Securities, graphics hardware firm ATI are well positioned to become the supplier of the graphics chip for the next generation of the Xbox.
Microsoft are however, keen to date both ATI and NVIDIA to encourage a little competition in the price stakes. ATI also provide the graphics chips for the Nintendo GameCube, whilst NVIDIA provided the advanced visuals enjoyed by the current Xbox.
Microsoft is also rumoured to be generating competition between Intel and AMD as to who will supply the CPU, once again, this can only benefit their bottom line further. More news on this kind of idle speculation and conjecture as we get it.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone