Microsoft haggles over Xbox 2 components
According to a suggestion from Dundee Securities, graphics hardware firm ATI are well positioned to become the supplier of the graphics chip for the next generation of the Xbox.
Microsoft are however, keen to date both ATI and NVIDIA to encourage a little competition in the price stakes. ATI also provide the graphics chips for the Nintendo GameCube, whilst NVIDIA provided the advanced visuals enjoyed by the current Xbox.
Microsoft is also rumoured to be generating competition between Intel and AMD as to who will supply the CPU, once again, this can only benefit their bottom line further. More news on this kind of idle speculation and conjecture as we get it.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year