Microsoft haggles over Xbox 2 components
According to a suggestion from Dundee Securities, graphics hardware firm ATI are well positioned to become the supplier of the graphics chip for the next generation of the Xbox.
Microsoft are however, keen to date both ATI and NVIDIA to encourage a little competition in the price stakes. ATI also provide the graphics chips for the Nintendo GameCube, whilst NVIDIA provided the advanced visuals enjoyed by the current Xbox.
Microsoft is also rumoured to be generating competition between Intel and AMD as to who will supply the CPU, once again, this can only benefit their bottom line further. More news on this kind of idle speculation and conjecture as we get it.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny