Doom III: The Legacy
This reminds me why I like this job...
Well, its at the show, and its looking damn fine. As you might have predicted. The lighting effects in particular are quite staggering, and if nothing else it looks like the new Doom won’t be short on atmosphere. id are promising this, in fact. This game looks scary, very scary, and to demonstrate their new attention to singleplayer narrative and a slower-pace of gameplay, id Software have hired Mathew Costello (of 7th Guest fame) to pen the plot. What’s more the new theme of the game seems far more gory than those of the past, with zombies roaming B-move horror-style levels, and giving you grief. It looks jolly spooky indeed, and whilst singleplayer is a priority, deathmatch has been confirmed. In-game cinematic sequences will feature, a la Half-Life, and these promise to be stunning. If you need further proof, check out these lovely screenshots.
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch
- New featurette release talking about faithfully recreating the artwork from The Legend Of Korra in the new game
- Sony details PS4 update 2.00, Music player is among the highlights
- Runefest 2014 Runescape's most successful fanfest yet
- Project CARS delayed into 2015 to push it out of the busy Christmas release schedule
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection needs a 20 GB day one update because 343 filled up the 45GB game disc
- SEGA announces the Fox Company pre-order bonus for Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault
- Tim Schafer has finally finished writing Broken Age Act 2