Doom III: The Legacy
This reminds me why I like this job...
Well, its at the show, and its looking damn fine. As you might have predicted. The lighting effects in particular are quite staggering, and if nothing else it looks like the new Doom won’t be short on atmosphere. id are promising this, in fact. This game looks scary, very scary, and to demonstrate their new attention to singleplayer narrative and a slower-pace of gameplay, id Software have hired Mathew Costello (of 7th Guest fame) to pen the plot. What’s more the new theme of the game seems far more gory than those of the past, with zombies roaming B-move horror-style levels, and giving you grief. It looks jolly spooky indeed, and whilst singleplayer is a priority, deathmatch has been confirmed. In-game cinematic sequences will feature, a la Half-Life, and these promise to be stunning. If you need further proof, check out these lovely screenshots.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May