Doom III: The Legacy
This reminds me why I like this job...
Well, its at the show, and its looking damn fine. As you might have predicted. The lighting effects in particular are quite staggering, and if nothing else it looks like the new Doom won’t be short on atmosphere. id are promising this, in fact. This game looks scary, very scary, and to demonstrate their new attention to singleplayer narrative and a slower-pace of gameplay, id Software have hired Mathew Costello (of 7th Guest fame) to pen the plot. What’s more the new theme of the game seems far more gory than those of the past, with zombies roaming B-move horror-style levels, and giving you grief. It looks jolly spooky indeed, and whilst singleplayer is a priority, deathmatch has been confirmed. In-game cinematic sequences will feature, a la Half-Life, and these promise to be stunning. If you need further proof, check out these lovely screenshots.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny