Doom III: The Legacy
This reminds me why I like this job...
Well, its at the show, and its looking damn fine. As you might have predicted. The lighting effects in particular are quite staggering, and if nothing else it looks like the new Doom won’t be short on atmosphere. id are promising this, in fact. This game looks scary, very scary, and to demonstrate their new attention to singleplayer narrative and a slower-pace of gameplay, id Software have hired Mathew Costello (of 7th Guest fame) to pen the plot. What’s more the new theme of the game seems far more gory than those of the past, with zombies roaming B-move horror-style levels, and giving you grief. It looks jolly spooky indeed, and whilst singleplayer is a priority, deathmatch has been confirmed. In-game cinematic sequences will feature, a la Half-Life, and these promise to be stunning. If you need further proof, check out these lovely screenshots.
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network